Good morning and Happy Free Shipping Day! This is a great opportunity to offer your customers free shipping and encourage more last-minute shopping.
Read today’s DTC and learn:
How these 3 viral products blew up on TikTok this year with their amazing social content (we analyze their video copy below).
Why you need to offer gift cards to last-minute shoppers (more below).
And…if your hook is still ‘stop scrolling,’ it may be time to refresh your ad copy.
You’re reading this newsletter along with new subscribers from: Sayles Travel, SouthPaw Treats, and Prime Shrimp 👋
This newsletter is brought to you…
What seems to be the problem? 🤷
• Subs have plateaued?
• Bundles aren’t hitting the mark?
• One-time purchasers are blocked?
Join a live subscription diagnosis on December 20th with Matt Holman, Host of The Subscription Prescription Podcast.
Matt, along with AI Retention Strategist Magic Dash, will present instant reports and strategic insights to unlock customer LTV and amplify those repeat buyers. 👏
You’ll also get:
• 9 go-to prompts to find your right product combos for subscription offerings.
• 3 Reports to find your subscription conversion drivers
• How to use AI to find that data that will help you convert one-time purchasers to subscribers.
• 30 Day extended trial of Magic Dash, AI Retention Strategist with RSVP
That’s right, you can diagnose your data with AI too. ✅
To join the conversation and claim your 30-day Magic Dash trial, RSVP today! Join The AI Retention Conversation
• Elon Musk’s X ad revenue reportedly fell $1.5B this year amid boycotts.
• Google gamifies their top search trends with this Where’s Waldo-inspired game.
• Fortnite maker Epic Games wins its antitrust fight against Google
• Google, Meta among group pushing for open digital ecosystems in EU.
• Rakuten adopts AI to improve operational efficiency and marketing.
With so many break-out products this year, let’s analyze how Plufl, Ninja, and Cosrx were able to stand out on TikTok with their organic content strategies.
Plufl Dog Bed for Humans 🐶 🛏️
Before Plufl’s dog bed for humans blew up after their appearance on a popular TV show, they were already doing a great job going viral on TikTok.
One of their most watched videos with over 10 million views features UGC content of happy customers using their product.
Why this content works:
• Their copy is playful and informative.
• They show social proof so potential buyers can imagine themselves using the product.
• They don’t shy away from negative comments. The founders are happy to answer concerns about price and whether or not it works for tall people.
Along with their ecommerce store, the product is also available for purchase on TikTok Shop and they’ve done a great job of taking advantage of multiple channels to reach their audience.
Ninja Creami’s Ice Cream Maker 🍦
While Ninja Creami doesn’t have a brand account on TikTok, there’s more than enough UGC content to see why this item became one of the most sought-after items this year.
With over 820 million views for #ninjacreami, ice cream enthusiasts were more than happy to show off their new handy gadget and its versatility without much prompting.
Why this content works:
• Shows the product's ease of use
• Appeals to customers' creative side (infinite amount of flavor combinations!)
• Points out the health benefits of creating your own ice cream from scratch so you can track calorie and protein intake.
Cosrx’s Snail Mucin Essence 🐌
Cosrx is a major hit within the #SkinTok community and its most viral product contains snail mucin as its main ingredient. The brand, the product, and snail mucin have all gone viral on social media, which makes this the perfect product to analyze.
They’ve partnered with major influencers and derms to promote the product on the platform and created lots of educational content around the benefits of using the ingredient.
Why this content works:
• Partnering with derms gives the product immediate credibility and makes customers more confident about using the product.
• Product demos show off how the product can give you ‘glass skin’ instantly.
• These brands demonstrate how the power of authenticity, creativity, and strategic thinking allow your content to stand out on a platform like TikTok.
Engaging with their audience, showcasing product benefits, and utilizing experts shows how your brand can go viral too by leveraging these techniques.
Hey, I'm Cameron Wind from DTC!
Struggling with Facebook and social ads? Check out our Scale School Meta Ads course. It's not just videos; we're also offering live coaching sessions with Pilothouse Digital's experienced instructors.
We've got an overwhelming amount of positive feedback and there’s so much more to come. Inspired by the success, in 2024 we’re introducing new courses and advanced certificates with live learning. 🤯
This is your chance to join us at an unbeatable price - prices will changing in the new year!
With the coaching package, you get 26 hours of detailed lessons, live Q/A, and real demonstrations — hands-on experience you won’t find anywhere else.
Ready to succeed in 2024? Join Scale School Meta Ads now. Our next coaching session is TOMORROW!
Now that shipping cutoffs have passed, it’s time to shift our focus to gift cards.
Gift cards are a great way to keep revenue strong throughout the gifting season by targeting a very specific demographic…
Last-minute shoppers! 🎁 🚨
A quick look at the gift card stats:
• 44% of consumers intend to give gift cards, making this the second-highest category of gifts.
• Total projected expenditure on gift cards is set to reach $29.3 billion by the end of the year, an increase from last year’s $28.6 billion. (Source)
• Shoppers plan to acquire 3 to 4 gift cards and spend on average $49.43 per card.
• Gen Z plans to purchase 70% more gift cards than older generations during the holiday season 🔥 (Source).
• Gen Z buys 10 physical gift cards and 7 digital cards on average.
The U.S. physical gift card market is anticipated to reach $260 billion by 2026. Furthermore, the digital gift card market is experiencing growth and is expected to reach nearly $135 billion by the same year.
The fight for holiday gifting revenue doesn’t have to end when shipping cutoffs do.
Adapt evergreen ad creative with giftward-focused ad copy to keep the momentum going. 📝
DTC Newsletter + Podcast reaches a highly qualified audience of Shopify merchants, eCommerce founders, and digital marketers. Talk to our team to learn more.
This tweet applies to your ad creation too! Make sure your hook is not overused and doesn’t cause your engagement to drop off.
Refresh your ad copy with a more timely hook that works for the holiday season to increase your watch time.
🛒 Is launching in retail on your 2024 bingo card? Drive in-store conversions with minisocial. See how brands like Wild Wonder, Everyday Humans, and Made by Dentists are supporting their top retailers. *
🔑 Are your 2024 KPIs sorted? Digiday and Klaviyo’s report reveals that customer lifetime value tops the list for 2024 key outcomes. Download now to stay ahead of the curve. *
🚗 Millions of people rideshare everyday. Reach consumers based on real-time location and time of day. Broadcast your ad in less than two minutes with On Touch Go’s online self-serve platform. *
Have you heard our latest podcasts?
🤯 Shocking the Gatekeepers – Auto Aftermarket Goes DTC with Sean Reyes from Shock Surplus
🤫 AKNF 360: The Power of the Double Tap + The Secret Tool For Instant Email Scale (And How to Use it Safely)
👏 Breaking Barriers in Menstrual Health with Nadia Ladak CEO of Marlow
💰 AKNF 358: BFCM Results Breakdown with Pilothouse
🌊 Santevia Revolutionizes Water and Conquers Amazon with Matthew Gohl
Don’t forget to rate the DTC Podcast on Apple (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
Got an awesome DTC brand story to tell? Calling all brand-side founders and team leaders! Fancy joining us on the DTC Podcast as a guest? Tap the link to toss in your application.
DTC Newsletter is written by Rebecca Knight, Frances Du, and Michael Venditti. Edited by Eric Dyck.
Was this email forwarded to you? Sign up here.
NEED MORE DTC?
🚀 Advertise in DTC Newsletter.