Welcome to the DTC podcast. Today we sat down with Orchid Bertelsen, Head of consumer experience, strategy, technology and innovation - Nestlé USA to discuss how the corporate giant behind thousands of recognizable brands like Hot Pockets, San Pellegrino, Haagen Daz and Kit Kat thinks about innovation in the DTC Space.
Orchid’s a brilliant strategist and a master collaborator, working with over 100 stakeholders across 30 brands on any given week.
In this interesting and wide-ranging conversation we cover:
▪ How Nestle launches internal brands
▪ Meet Ruth, the Cookie Coach, Nestle’s first Digital Human
▪ How Nestle Quantifies success from strategic tests
▪ Why Private Labels have an unfair advantage
▪ Nestle’s Metaverse Plans
▪ What AI really means in CPG (plus my thoughts on AI butlers of the future.