If you want to:
- Hit new audiences due to a variety in creative/messaging
- Increase scale, velocity, and learnings, and
- Improve your performance and front-end metric
You should be leveraging a third-party brand on Meta.
The Pilothouse Meta team tested a 3PB account against one of their regular ad accounts and saw:
- A 50% reduction in cost-per-click
- A 37% increase in return-on-ad-spend
- An 81% increase in click-through-rate
A 3PB is an alternate page you set up for your brand to run ads from. It's a similar strategy to dark posting but with a twist: it doesn't appear from a creator's account.
When you run ads under a 3PB, they look like they’re coming from a consumer's page, not your own.
🤔 Why should you be running ads under 3PB’s this Q4?
With 3PB’s, you get the opportunity to retarget current customers through a new lens. Additionally, you gain the potential to unlock new audiences by testing creative styles that are contrasting to what you’d normally run.
Pilothouse’s favorite reason for running 3PB’s? It’s not easily tied back to your brand. This means you can test virtually any style of creative and ditch the limitations that come with your brand book. The sky’s the limit with creative testing and 3PB’s so start thinking outside the box and you might just find a new winner.
With your new found creative freedom, here are a few styles the Pilothouse team suggests testing out:
This collage includes examples of creative angles that leverage:
- Reaction videos (for example, videos of people gifting your product to their loved one)
- Gift guides (“The ULTIMATE Gift To Get Your Dad This Christmas”)
- Your top creator generated content
- Article style creatives
- Unboxing images
- Fear baiting ads (“Stop using X product, use Y instead”)
- Your product vs. your top competitor
Want to try one out for yourself? Here’s how to do it:
Creating a 3PB is so simple we can explain it in only eight words: 👇
The hardest part of the whole process might be deciding what to name the page. 😂 Here’s some tips:
- General: Pick a name that makes sense for your brand. For example, if your brand is geared towards outdoor camping gear, make a 3PB called “Outdoor Living”/”Best Camping Hacks 2023”/ “Top Rated Outdoor Gear Choices”.
- Q4: Consider making a 3PB centered around “Holiday Gift Giving” to angle your product around being the best gift to give this season.
The data and the flexibility of 3PB’s speak for themselves. Test one out and don’t forget to let us know how it goes!