It’s not as easy to target potential customers as it was pre-iOS14.5 (thanks Zuck). 🙄 Now more than ever, you’re forced to put on your thinking hat to make conversions.
Getting up close and personal with your customers, and giving them all the tools and information they need to be comfortable enough to purchase, is a MUST.
The goal? Creating ads that reach your target consumer and peak curiosity enough to get them to the website and stay awhile!
Easier said than done. Ashvin Melwani, Co-Founder & CMO of Obvi, posted 🧵 THE THREAD OF ALL THREADS 🧵, highlighting his formula for a successful landing page.
📝 What is a landing page’s purpose?
Landing pages are like a Disney storybook. They need to successfully take your consumer through a journey of why they absolutely need you (the knight in shining armor).
This is how he structured that journey: 👇
1️⃣ Display a hero image that directly highlights your product. The image should be accompanied by a strong hook/angle and an unbeatable offer.
2️⃣ Let shoppers know what problem your product is built to solve. Then transition the conversation into how your product is a solution!
3️⃣ Make it clear to visitors why your product is the best solution vs. your competitors.
4️⃣ Display quality reviews and testimonials, and use social proof to convince buyers that the product is a need and that people are already using it and loving it.
5️⃣ Show customers you’re committed to the success of your product in their life. Display your brand value propositions upfront and clearly. If you offer satisfaction guarantees, let people know—it could be the final push they need to purchase!
6️⃣ Feature your buy box. This is not the time to be subtle. Show users exactly how they can purchase the product!
7️⃣ Feature an FAQ that will educate your audience on your product. Use your FAQ to answer what have set out to be the most common questions for your past customers. Having answers upfront gives shoppers both brand and product purchase confidence.
🧱 Create a landing page without a bunch of resources
You don’t have to break the bank to create a winning landing page! It’s all about utilizing already accessible information and details. Try:
- Researching competitors
- Seeing what your favorite brand's landing pages look like
- Reading up on the best practices for landing pages
Then you pull up those socks and start crafting!
Once you’ve built out four entirely different styles of landing pages and tested them all, you’ll find a winner in no time.
But the journey doesn’t end there! It’s time to make it better… But how?
- Glam it up: Make your landing page look and feel smoother and more approachable. This includes crisping up the images and ensuring your page's features are unique and creative.
- Improve page load time: Page speed matters! If your page load time is slow, it affects your customer experience, bounce rate, and revenue. We discovered a useful free tool worth checking out that can automatically determine the speed of your brand’s site.
- A/B testing: Your customers are constantly evolving, and your landing page should too! Test multiple different elements such as headlines, reviews, and UGC content, so you structure your page based on your customer's current wants and needs
Once you nail down your landing page, you’ll really start to see an improvement in your CPA.
Where have you seen success in your landing pages? If you have any other tips that we missed, reply to this email and let us know!