A feature that’s extremely undervalued within Snapchat is the SMS tool and its ability to help grow your list.
How it works:
Snapchat has a type of ad that allows users to “Swipe Up” and learn more.
It usually leads to a website, landing page, or product page.
Instead of directing to a website or landing page, there’s an option to populate a predetermined text for users to send.
It’s perfect for any type of promotion or giveaway.
Here’s an example of the user experience:
- Step 1: Users receive your Snapchat ad and are encouraged to swipe up.
- Step 2: They swipe up and are presented with “I want a coupon for $20 off.” The message automatically populates within their text message app.
- Step 3: The users hit send and receive a coupon code for $20 off.
Here’s how to set it up:
- Within “select your objective,” click “engagement.”
- Then click “single image or video” and select “text” as well.
- Next, enter your targeting information.
- Then, enter all your creative.
- On the same page as creative, select “text” for your “attachment” and “CTA.”
- The final step is entering a phone number.
- And finally, you’ll enter the message you want users to send (“I want a coupon for $20 off”).
Growing your SMS list creates further ownership of your audience, which has been even more crucial since iOS 14.5.
With text message open rates at 95% and users rarely changing their phone number, it makes a lot of sense to at least TEST this strategy.